Hipstreet Pilot Tablet: How To Access Settings?

theblackwidow

Feb 26, 2017
URGENT!!! Please help if you can! I just bought a Hipstreet Pilot tablet, inexpensive, but appeared fine. The only issue is, there doesn't appear to be a 'settings' icon anywhere in the Apps menu. I have searched everywhere and done everything; there is no way I can access my settings. Without this vital feature, there's little I can do with the tablet. Please don't tell me to tap on 'settings' and access the menu, because the settings are either absent (impossible if the tablet works altogether!) or it's hidden! There is no support for this particular tablet online. Please help, thanks. o_O

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Well, I don't know what version of Android you're running, but any of the following should work.

1. If running a version of Android with quick notification toggles, there should be a settings option located in that screen.
2. Long press the screen and search for a settings widget. Move the widget to the home screen and press to access Settings.
3. Install a custom launcher. Usually custom launchers will have a shortcut to Android's Settings accessible through various means such as a long press on the back button.

If none of these do work, you'll want to back up your information and factory reset the tablet.

theblackwidow

Feb 26, 2017
Well, I don't know what version of Android you're running, but any of the following should work.

1. If running a version of Android with quick notification toggles, there should be a settings option located in that screen.
2. Long press the screen and search for a settings widget. Move the widget to the home screen and press to access Settings.
3. Install a custom launcher. Usually custom launchers will have a shortcut to Android's Settings accessible through various means such as a long press on the back button.

If none of these do work, you'll want to back up your information and factory reset the tablet.

Hi, thanks for replying. My device is running Android 5.1 Lollipop. I have already done a factory reset and nothing whatsoever has changed. To me, it looks as if the device has somehow picked up Apps from my mobile phone!!! I mean, what is Xperia Lounge and Bus Checker doing there? I deleted all previous settings when I did the reset! Whatever I do, wherever I look, there is no means of accessing 'settings' on this device. I cannot set or turn on Bluetooth as a result. As for 'widgets', the previous menu which appeared prior to the reset has reappeared!!! This entire business is a total mess. I hope I don't have to return the tablet.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
To me, it looks as if the device has somehow picked up Apps from my mobile phone!!! I mean, what is Xperia Lounge and Bus Checker doing there?
When you signed in to your Google account, the apps from your Xperia phone transferred over to the tablet. The lack of a settings app icon could be caused by this. If you want to avoid that you need to select the "Set up as new device" option in the setup process.

I'm afraid you're going to have to factory reset your tablet and set it up all over again. Only this time, make sure not to port your apps from your phone.

theblackwidow

Feb 26, 2017
It's OK, everything's sorted! I took my tablet across to the village deli this afternoon (Sunday) ... as one does!!!:D No, I didn't offer it as a sandwich filling, but there's a lady working there who is a bit of a computer geek. She swiped the screen to the left and, lo and behold, the settings icon (plus a host of others) appeared! Oddly enough, when I had tried the same action yesterday, nothing on the screen moved!!!:confused: It was obviously 'the way she did it'!!! Well, my settings icon has now been pinned to my Home Page, I've set my wallpaper, bluetooth, and just about everything else. Everyone's happy! It's a shame the rather brief instruction manual is as limited as it is; however, for a rather inexpensive 10" tablet, this isn't at all a bad buy. Thank you all for your time and helpful advice. All the best, Mo x