Honeycomb on SD chip

curttp

Dec 24, 2010
I purchased one of these chips off ebay that allows booting into Honeycomb off an SD chip or booting up the original O/S off the internal memory. I haven't played with it much yet, but I'm wondering, does anyone know if when I am booted into Honeycomb can I access data on the internal memory or access books I have already downloaded from B&N. Thanks

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Not sure which version you have of Honeycomb but there is no true Honeycomb for the Nook. At best you get a hacked together preview ROM. You may not be able to access info stored on the Nook's internal memory. Most SD card ROMs are setup to be self contained so that you can't mess up the internal system.

To access B&N books you have already downloaded you need to get the B&N App from the Market. The Honeycomb ROMs are known to have market and app access issues since they are just preview builds so you may or may not be able to download the app. If you are interested in a fully functioning ROM for a bootable SD card check this link out http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html. Not only will you have full access to the Market and apps but you will also have access to features like bluetooth for speakers and keyboards.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
yea as J515OP said Honeycomb for nook is not ready for prime time. the code that is out there for the nook is still a preview version. I use Honeycomb on my galaxy tab 10.1 and while it does have some great features, it's market is not as wide open as what you would get with the current market used in CM7 and GB or Froyo -

Not sure which version you have of Honeycomb but there is no true Honeycomb for the Nook. At best you get a hacked together preview ROM. You may not be able to access info stored on the Nook's internal memory. Most SD card ROMs are setup to be self contained so that you can't mess up the internal system.

To access B&N books you have already downloaded you need to get the B&N App from the Market. The Honeycomb ROMs are known to have market and app access issues since they are just preview builds so you may or may not be able to download the app. If you are interested in a fully functioning ROM for a bootable SD card check this link out http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html. Not only will you have full access to the Market and apps but you will also have access to features like bluetooth for speakers and keyboards.