How are Kindle books saved?

JFD_Nick_44

Dec 17, 2011
Quick question. I have a rooted Nook Tablet and installed the Kindle app. I tried downloading a book (it was a free one), and it wouldn't save to the Nook itself. I have found out you need an SD card to save apps from the Amazon Appstore, but wondering if the same holds true for the books. Thanks.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'm not sure about the kindle app and its books but you shouldn't need an sd card to download apps from the Amazon App store.

sjbenes

Dec 7, 2011
I tried downloading a book (it was a free one), and it wouldn't save to the Nook itself.

Just curious, but is the book you've downloaded not available from B&N? I've really only downloaded books from B&N and there have only been a couple of books I couldn't find for a nook, and I assumed that the books were just not in electronic format yet. I know that's not your original question and I don't have the answer, but I had heard that you didn't need an SD card as well.

JFD_Nick_44

Dec 17, 2011
If you have rooted your Nook Tablet and installed the Amazon Appstore app, the only way to download and save apps from the store are to put 'em on a SD card. Books are probably the same way I imagine.