How do you Restore a 7048 from a dump

tehferret

Jul 2, 2013
Hello I am new and I have no idea what happened I was using my 7048 and put it down my 2 year old got a hold of it and it hasnt shown the internal sd since .... I have a dump I dont know how to restore from it though being that i have done the research and every thing says i have to do this but i dont know how to ... I am completly stumped ... Please help
Thanks in advance
Tehferret

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Without a custom recovery, restoring from a requires a Coby-signed update.zip created from the system dump.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Then you want to look at the sticky posts in development, especially the Development Index. In the third post, the one where I provide a list of dumps, is a link to a thread explaining how to restore from a dump. Follow its instructions and you should be good to go.

tehferret

Jul 2, 2013
it seems like the only directions i am finding on how to do this is for the wrong model .... am i missing something?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
The general restore procedure is device independent. You may have to modify some of the commands to account for differences in partition structure, e.g renaming "nande" in a command to "mcmblkp01".