How to Edit My Signature

N8OAY

Mar 24, 2011
This is weird. As you can see below, I have a Signature for this forum. I tried to Edit to show my new Asus Memo ME302 tablet, but it tells me I don't have enough messages to have a Signature. How do I fix that?

Thanks for the help!

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
AFAIK, signatures can not exceed five lines of text. Please refer to the site guidelines where the signature info is located.

N8OAY

Mar 24, 2011
AFAIK, signature can not exceed five lines of text. Please refer to the site guidelines where the signature info is located.

That is not the problem. When I go to Settings - Edit Profile - Edit Signature, I get a message telling me:

- vBulletin Message
- Sorry, you must make 25 posts to have a Signature.

So it looks like it is trying to tell me that I have posted enough messages on this forum to be allowed to have the privilege of having a Signature, but as you can see, I obviously have a Signature. I want to update the signature that I already have but it will give me access to the signature to change it.

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
I am not aware of the 25 post requirement, try sending a PM to one of the admins (Spider is around on a daily basis) and ask about this; or, just make three more posts somewhere and see if that works. You can always welcome three new members in the introductions forum to make three posts!

N8OAY

Mar 24, 2011
Thanks, Cali. Maybe it is a new policy since I was on the board way back when I was trying to figure out the first tablet. I never bothered to check to see how many posts I have made. 3 more will be easy.

Thank you!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It was in fact a policy change that caused the problem. Lot's of new members were using SPAM links in their signature. On a positiver note you only have 2 to go.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Dave, you're still going to be limited by the number of lines allowed. I'd suggest you remove your devices to make room, since they're listed in your profile and appear on every post anyway.

Jenifery

Oct 7, 2013
make 25 posts to have a Signature? oh my god, I should more active in this forum, that is a useful message, thanks