How to force specific usb drivers to try to resurect my Lepan II

sirgilmour

May 31, 2011
I installed incompatible drivers to a LePan II (tc979) android tablet. and it pretty much died instantly. i used to try many things with it knowing that i have the correct usb drivers : AnyDATA_USB_Driver and the official firmware :Release_LePanII_v406_Secured_Fused_fastboot.
But that error made the tablet really bricked, and it wont show any sign of life (wont power on) the only thing i have is "unknown device" in the Universal Serial Bus Controllers tab of device manager.
I tried several ways to update the drivers to the one that is made for the tablet and all i get is "the best driver software for your device is already installed - Unknown device"
even after uninstalling them and trying a few device drivers on my computer...
it just wont work and without being able to detect my tablet the firware cant restore life to it.
Can somebody help me?

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm fairly certain you computer has become confused with all those drivers. You can try a different port. What is your operating system on the computer?

I think that if you can't power up, anything else you do won't really help much. Try leaving it plugged into any USB port on an awake, running computer for at least 5 hours then see if you get a reaction out of it.

sirgilmour

May 31, 2011
I'm fairly certain you computer has become confused with all those drivers. You can try a different port. What is your operating system on the computer?

I think that if you can't power up, anything else you do won't really help much. Try leaving it plugged into any USB port on an awake, running computer for at least 5 hours then see if you get a reaction out of it.

Thanks for the attention, i have tried many attempts such as yours, but in vain... heres a video from the whole ordeal

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
As I mentioned, your computer may be confused, but your biggest problem is that you can't see anything on the tablet yet it is on enough for the computer to recognize it. Lots of people post threads about bricking their tablet, you may be one of the few that really did.

Go to device manager - view - view hidden devices. Remove all the devices that no longer are being used then restart the computer and plug the tablet back in. I don't know that it will get you anywhere but it's worth a shot.