how to root archos 101

Discussion in 'Archos Tablets' started by wilspeak, Jun 11, 2011.

1. wilspeak

wilspeak Member

Tablet / Device:
    archos10.1
    Hello i made the mistake & upgraded my archos 101 to firmware 2.3.26 and lost root i was rooted with arcangel but after i upgraded all that was lost i tried other rooting apps non of which worked does anyone out there know of a new way to root the archos 101 thanks

2. leo212

leo212 Member

here's the simple way:
    [HOWTO] Root easily your Gen8 device [fw 2.0.71 - 2.3.26] + R/W FILESYSTEM - xda-developersyou'll have to install SDE first from archos main site - http://www.archos.com/support/support_tech/_ppp.html?country=us&lang=en&p=gen8)

the alternate way is to install Urukdroid 1.0 rom. but that's less easier and requires you to reinstall all of your apps and set your setting again.

3. yann2

yann2 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Le Pan TC970, Archos 101, Palm Pre2 webOS, HP Touchpad
    I can confirm BOTH methods suggested by leo212 work. I did follow chulri's thread on XD Developers yesterday, installed the SDE, firmware, he's got links to all versions and detailed instructions. Pretty neat, and I got root access (your choice of temporary or permanent).

But after doing that, I found the thread about UrukDroid, and reading it, realized how much it had to offer.

So, this morning I went in to read, get the files and try installing it. Worked well - UrukDroid is very polished, detailed instructions provided, although it is not a very simple procedure.

The tablet feels a lot different now, the slow downs that came and went seem to be gone. I restored apps and settings from Titanium Backups, and that made things a lot easier.

I am new to Android, but have experience in various other op systems over time. UrukDroid deserves consideration, imo. ;)