adb shell

su

mkdir /sdcard/dump

busybox tar -cvzf /sdcard/dump/7036_system.tar /system

cat /dev/mtd/mtd6 > /sdcard/dump/recovery.img

cat /dev/mtd/mtd0 > /sdcard/dump/boot.img

cat /dev/mtd/mtd2 > /sdcard/dump/system.img

Dec 13, 2012
Thanks vamp...I'll read up - I think I was searching specific to 7036 - Need to skill up on installing ADB on my laptop and run from there

Thanks for being responsive.

Dec 13, 2012
Vamp small problem

ADB threw an error when I entered this command line:

busybox tar -cvzf /sdcard/dump/7036_system.tar /system

Said "busybox: cannot execute - permission denied"

Otherwise I was successful in generating boot, recovery and system img files for the 7036

any suggestions?

Dec 13, 2012
Somewhat of a simple fix.

I noticed when I launched Titanium Backup it identifies my tablet as having busybox 1.16, I just went ahead to the GAPPS and dloaded Busybox 1.20 and re-ran the script above and all is well now - I have a successful sys dump.

On a side note - the Coby forum does not appear to be that active or fast moving, with the exception of you vamp (or maybe its just the model I purchased ) - appreciate the help and direction.

Ultimately I imagine it gets a little annoying helping newbies that in some cases have no business trying to mod devices - part of the hobby is going off on your own and hitting Google and Youtube to figure things out on your own....then coming here to hone in on your new found knowledge.

My next project is playing with mnt points and saving/running apps off my class 10 16gb microsd,

Thanks agains