Huawei Debuts New MediaPad 7 Lite Without Sharing the Specs

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
huawei-mediapad-7-lite-full-pic.jpeg

Here's a strange bit of news. Huawei just added a new 7-inch Android tablet to their MediaPad lineup called the MediaPad 7 Lite. What is odd is that they officially announced it, yet offered almost no primary specs for the device. We were able to find out a little about it. The new tablet has the following:
  • 7-Inch IPS Display with full HD video playback
  • Metal unibody construction
  • A rear facing camera
  • 3G cellular voice
  • SMS and MMS
The pics of the device look fairly intriguing, and if some of their prior announced products are any indication, then we could be seeing a powerful device at a cheap price. At this point, they haven't released any other details, including release times or pricing. We will pay close attention to this and inform you as we find out more. Could this be a worthy new challenger to the Nexus 7? Only a breakdown of internal specs will help us determine that...

For more discussions on this new mystery tablet, check out our dedicated section over @ http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-mediapad-10-fhd-7-lite/.

Source: HuaweiDevice

Last edited:

jtonius

Jul 7, 2011
huawei-mediapad-7-lite-full-pic.jpeg

Here's a strange bit of news. Huawei just added a new 7-inch Android tablet to their MediaPad lineup called the MediaPad 7 Lite. What is odd is that they officially announced it, yet offered almost no primary specs for the device. We were able to find out a little about it. The new tablet has the following:
  • 7-Inch IPS Display with full HD video playback
  • Metal unibody construction
  • A rear facing camera
  • 3G cellular voice
  • SMS and MMS
The pics of the device look fairly intriguing, and if some of their prior announced products are any indication, then we could be seeing a powerful device at a cheap price. At this point, they haven't released any other details, including release times or pricing. We will pay close attention to this and inform you as we find out more. Could this be a worthy new challenger to the Nexus 7? Only a breakdown of internal specs will help us determine that...

For more discussions on this new mystery tablet, check out our dedicated section over @ Huawei MediaPad (10 FHD and 7 Lite).

Source: HuaweiDevice

Huawei MediaPad 7-inch tablet is the best you can buy in Italy in December 2011. The new year we will probably bring new models but now, at this time, you do not have much choice. Think about it: the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus is more expensive and technically does not offer anything better (in fact, the resolution is lower) and Acer Iconia Tab A100 has a price advantage, but the quality of its screen, His goodness and autonomy are less constructive (and has no integrated 3G).
6473958225_70be4d5b76_z.jpg

Huawei MediaPad to 349 euros you can surf without restrictions on its HSPA + operator has a dual-core 1.2Ghz processor and 1Gb of RAM, has an IPS screen with HD resolution (1280 × 800 pixels) and a well-finished aluminum frame and pleasant to watch. Sure, there are some parts less exciting, but if we look at the key points, then there are those who do choose a model rather than another, there's very little to complain about. Below is the video review with strengths, flaws and my personal considerations. Later all the details.

[h=3]Hardware and Performance[/h]The key point is the processor Qualcomm MSM8x60 (Cortex A8) at 1.2 GHz and 'a dual core (Scorpion) and has Adreno 220 graphics, and therefore able to encode / decode 1080p Full HD video at 30fps, 24bit WXGA resolutions to manage and accelerate 2D/3D graphics. And 'version "weakened" the chip to 1.5GHz that we are still waiting on smartphones and tablets. If you do a web search on this 1.2Ghz Snapdragon will come out a lot of beautiful words and benchmark comparisons more or less complete, and indeed the performance of the tablet are not bad, watch the demo video below to see what I mean.

The fact is that I expected something better from the point of view of the reactivity of the system and I feel it is once again "our" Honeycomb the cause of occasional lag that you experience in the graphic interface or when the tablet is under stress . Huawei offers a very clean, adjusted only where really necessary, and therefore these uncertainties do not depend on customization, demons in the background or whatever, must necessarily depend on the software base, then by Android 3.2. Given the general goodness of the tablet so, can be considered a weak point, but not an actual fault because common to many other products, even to rivals with Tegra 2.
huawei-mediapad-benchmark.png

The remaining data sheet provides 8 GB of disk space, 1GB of RAM, the outputs microHDMI and microUSB, microSD up to 32GB player, a 3.5 mm jack for connecting a microphone and headset, and both 1.3 and 5 megapixel cameras that I will devote an entire paragraph. In addition to GPS, WiFi + Bluetooth module and the number of sensors (including ambient light), an integrated 3G modem Huawei MediaPad includingtelephone module complete with SIM card reader. Yes, it also allows you to call, to use the tablet as a true smartphone (or phone if you prefer).
6473959049_40d08fdd46_z.jpg

Android Honeycomb does not integrate the phone in her hand, which has forced Huawei to prepare a house, whose distribution is planned for early 2012. The network is a packet. Apk unofficial enables the phone and enables you to make calls and send SMS with the tablet. It's not perfect, but pending a final solution may be fine. You can find it here .
[h=3]Screen[/h]The screen capacitive IPS is a real treat for the eyes, so that if you make a habit to watch the display less "valuable" you feel like you wasted all that bright. The viewing angles are excellent, too large for a 7-inch, is personal. It will be more difficult to hide that which reproduces the screen to your next train / metro / bus.
huawei-mediapad-recensione_1.jpg
IPS screen = Excellent viewing angles
As seen in the video review, can be adjusted in two different ways: with normal resolution and high resolution.Under a photo that clearly shows the differences. MediaPad Huawei is the only tablet to boast a resolution of1280 × 800 pixels of 7 inches (density of 217 ppi). This makes you look good when you are dealing with the tablet against friends, but it also ensures better visibility in all applications where you need to have space on the screen (such as Office, but also the same web browsing or the Gmail app). And clearly you can display 720p video without rescaling .
6473957597_f1b5a6dfaa_o.jpg
There is a lot of extra space by enabling the highest resolution.
I admit that initially we had some difficulty pressing menu and write with the vertical keyboard, especially for those like me who have big fingers, I still can not press x to close a notification when there is more than one listed, and then there I challenge you to naturally select the icon and not the SRS settings!
huawei-mediapad-recensione.jpg
Fingers are too big or small icons? Both.
If you really can not take measurements at a high resolution screen so you can always decide to use a more conventional 1024 x 600 pixels. The screen has no known negative, but if you ask me to niggle I'll note that mm that separates - it detaches, the black frame. But it is not known where the first tablet.
[h=3]Software[/h]The standard firmware is remarkably clean, "vanilla" as the jargon. In addition to Let's Golf 2, Asphalt 6 and Yozo Office, there are other applications pre-installed, only a few background (nice by the way) and a couple of demonstration videos. It 'a good thing, because it does not weigh down the system and leave you all the possibilities for customization.
huawei-mediapad-schermata-600x375.png

When connected to a Windows system, Huawei MediaPad offers installation management programs HiSuite and its driver. If connected to Ubuntu, in contrast, remains helpless. Convenient features WiFi or USB Tethering to exploit the connectivity of the tablet in favor of other navigation devices.
huawei-mediapad-schermata_1-600x375.png

In the two weeks of testing also has been already released a firmware update that improves system responsiveness and allows you to enable (but do not need an official package, still beta) the party machine.Watch the video review above if you have not done for a live demonstration (to the minute 2:45). I also read the ROM "cooked" that provide root access and other goodies, I make just a hint because it is an operation that goes beyond our context, but you just have a google search to learn more.