ICS for sony tablet s being rolled out!!!

KeithAmbrose

Jan 17, 2012
Yes, users in Japan were first to get the update. Was your Tablet S bought in Japan?

It was. I check for the update everyday and haven't got it yet. Did a factory reset and searched for update, still nothing. WTF!?

Last edited:

mra2012

May 10, 2012
Unfortunately, yes. I had to do multiple resets since the update. Never had to do one before.

ive had to reset as well, never had to do that before and ever since the update when the tablet goes to sleep it wont wake up with the power button I have to do a soft reset every time it does that. it is very annoying that the tablet in essence jiusv dies every two days whenit goes to sleep.
also the keyboard seems buggier to with a longer lag time. sony is of no use to help there they had no idea what the issue was about, their best suggestion is to kdo a facvtory data reset which I believe is their answer to everything .

akvasu

Dec 1, 2011
Hey Guys

I bought my Tablet in India, but I am in the US now. So I need to install the US firmware to get anything going? I was kind of hoping I would get lucky on the Update, the App store now directs to the US version, lets me use netflix and all, So I was assuming , the update would happen too! :(

Where was that Table of Release Dates....
thanks
Anup

mhron

Feb 25, 2012
akvasu said:
Hey Guys

I bought my Tablet in India, but I am in the US now. So I need to install the US firmware to get anything going? I was kind of hoping I would get lucky on the Update, the App store now directs to the US version, lets me use netflix and all, So I was assuming , the update would happen too! :(

Where was that Table of Release Dates....
thanks
Anup

The update checks your firmware, not where you are. You will get the update with India users then.

rossjhsn

Dec 28, 2010
Back to the "reset" topic. I had the same problem after ICS upgrade. If I turn off the Wi-Fi before it sleeps, the it doesn't lock up or turn the screen off requiring hard reset when notification would come in.

spooley

Dec 20, 2011
Still no update for my Wifi + 3G Sony Tablet S, here in the UK.

Has any other UK tablet owner seen Sony's ICS update?

Simon.

KeithAmbrose

Jan 17, 2012
Japan go the OTA update today. Looks sharper, runs faster, can easily close processes, but haven't noticed any other differences.

jampeg

May 24, 2012
HELP!!!Hi all i have just updated my tablet s to ICS 4.0.Found that the wifi hard to get connection.Do anyone experience this proble?What can i do?

mhron

Feb 25, 2012
spooley said:
Still no update for my Wifi + 3G Sony Tablet S, here in the UK.

Has any other UK tablet owner seen Sony's ICS update?

Simon.

Latest news from Sony is 31st of May for UK users.

Amuthan

May 31, 2012
Australia got the ICS 4.0.2 , OTA today.
I updated my Tablet. Looks so much better in terms of features.

Bad news: Google Play Store has stopped working. The message is been displayed again and again on the screen which is annoying.

I tried installing Play Store APK manually using ES File Explorer. But no luck. Still the same annoying message.

Hoping to reset the Tablet / erase the data go back to 3.2.0 and then upgrade to 4.0.2

If anyone has found a remedy please let me know / post here. Cheers!