Internal Speaker (Not Working)

owenjsutton

Nov 11, 2011
Can't get any sound from internal speaker. No notifications, no music, no media, nothing. Sound works as it should with earphones, but nothing from internal speaker. It has worked in the past, so the speaker was not DOA. I'm using superuser rooted but have not made any major system modifications and am running stock ROM. I have know idea if it is a hardware or software issue. The device has not been dropped or otherwise abused, so a hardware issue seems doubtful. Any suggestions?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
1. Use the reset button (you'll need a paper clip);
2. Make sure the earphone connector in the tablet is clean: sometimes even with earphone plug removed the system detects one and disables the internal speakers. Look for some tutorial about how to clean an iPhone earphone connector with a cotton tab and alcohol, it's basically the same process.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
What tablet you have? If it has just one speaker maybe you got a bad solder, then you will have to open it up and check the wires... :(

subtotal

Sep 29, 2011
Another possibility is that the switch in the headphone socket has gone / shorted out.

Sent from my slightly rooted Coby 7022

owenjsutton

Nov 11, 2011
Anybody have advice on how to open up the 7022. I have seen a few casual mentions on this forum and others but nothing very 'step-by-step' -ish. Advice or a link to something i've missed would be great.

urdj07

Nov 30, 2011
Can't get any sound from internal speaker. No notifications, no music, no media, nothing. Sound works as it should with earphones, but nothing from internal speaker. It has worked in the past, so the speaker was not DOA. I'm using superuser rooted but have not made any major system modifications and am running stock ROM. I have know idea if it is a hardware or software issue. The device has not been dropped or otherwise abused, so a hardware issue seems doubtful. Any suggestions?

Morning, Im new around here Regards from Venezuela, i have a Kyros 7022 with the same Speaker Issue, it's not Working. Maybe reinstalling the OS should fix the problem, but i need more information about it. Any Help?

Thanks in Advance.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Try headphones first: if they work, then most probably it's a hardware issue, not software. Anyway, there is a thread about ClockWorkMod for 7022 that explains how to install it. Some users reported that after installing a backup available in that thread their tablets were improved, you may want to check it out.