Introducing myself

Iainbluk

Sep 10, 2011
Hi All,

Great forum! Ive gots loads of questions due to the poor manual supplied with my unit,
however I am slowly getting it sorted. I am sure once it all gets working as I expect I will be as hooked as many are on this device.

Mine, btw, is a 10" chinese 2.2 unit, bought in Singapore.

A couple of probs remain....

I cannot get the GPS to lock on and give a position, even after leaving it outside with the aerial in and the gps selected on in the location and security section.

Secondly I cannot find the Navionics downloads in the android market. As I bought it specifically for using out at sea this is potentially a bit of a problem!

Hope to hear from someone with some suggestions.

Thanks

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. I'm moving your questions to the Android Tablet Q&A section of the forum. Someone there should be able to help you out.

Iainbluk

Sep 10, 2011
Hi, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new tablet. I'm moving your questions to the Android Tablet Q&A section of the forum. Someone there should be able to help you out.
They are what I am trying to get onto the tablet yes, but when I search on android market on the device it cant find them.

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
You may not have full market access. some devices that are not 'certified' for Market are not allowed to see allof the content there. Look around on Youtube and you will find a procedure for resolving this issue. It does not work on all but does work on many devices from what I have read. I believe you start Market, go to Applications, Manage Applications and select Market. Clear the cache and then force stop the application. Then go to Google Framework Service and select it. Clear data (press OK to confirm) and force stop. Then reboot. Start Market and you will get an error - may happen more than once, then the app opens and all content is available.

I am recounting this process from memory and might not be quite correct so look it up. the procedure worked like a champ on my WITSA81G.

PS the device did not have to be rooted for the procedure to work.