Jelly Bean Update Finally Arrives for the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dgstorm, Oct 1, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

It is official now. We have been receiving reports from folks across our forums that the Android 4.1/Jelly Bean update is now rolling out for the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700T). As you will recall, we reported just last weak that there was a delay on the update for the Infinity. Luckily, it turned out to be a small delay, as the update is pushing out OTA now. If you are one of the lucky folks who have received this already, give us a shout in the forums.

Source: TransformerForums

2. rosse912003

rosse912003 Member

Yep, Jelly Bean has arrived in Brisbane Australia for the Asus Infinity. I am really excited about this update, however I am a little confused over a few things. I thought the default browser was going to be Chrome, however after this update the Asus still has the ICS default browser installed. Also things have not been 100% smooth after the install. At least 4 times within an hour the tablet froze at different times, (not heavy cpu times, sometimes just swiping to the next page), and the tablet re-booted completely.
    In an effort to clear away any gremlins, I have performed a factory reset and now am re-installing the um-teen apps that I have accumulated. Hopefully this will sort out whatever was causing the problem. However, I am still really happy with the update. I wish I knew how to make Google Now work??? If anyone has any clues on how to get all the power from this app, please share with me, as I am sure it can do now than tell me time and weather.