Just got a "SuperPad" from eBay - Questions

KRWKnitwear

Feb 4, 2011
Hi everyone!

I didnt want to spend tons because I am not going to be using this for much other than Travel. Skype / Dropbox /gallery / etc

Though I have a Moto Droid phone, I dont know a whole lot about the tablets.

1. How do I find out what version of firmware I have? I know it is Android 2.1.
  2. How do I know if I have which version of the tablet?
  3. If I want to root, where can I find Safe instructions?
That will get me started.

Nautyray

Mar 22, 2011
I too purchased the SuperPAD from Ebay seller. Found very week wifi conectability. To upgrade your unit make sure you use the RJ45 connection as you can not interupt the process once it is started.
I have not found a 2.2 or 2.3 upgrade for the unit yet. Will recognise usb memory devices but not CD/DVD.

SuperPad Tm with Google, Infotomic Sawee Pad 2.1 10" will not connect to Samsung Vibrant WIFI. Has very week wifi in the very best circumstances. At 10' from 3 wireless routers I tested only 2 bars which should be fill at that distance. At 30' signal is lost. Will not maintain contact of Public Library wireless. I thought it may be the channel (frequency) IP address but nothing will resolve the connection. I found this post about ad hoc network from android devices.

Ebay seller states you must be within 15' of a wifi connection. This is an unheard of week wifi receive module.

Is there a way to change the ad hoc network to a native wireless network?

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Hi everyone!

I didnt want to spend tons because I am not going to be using this for much other than Travel. Skype / Dropbox /gallery / etc

Though I have a Moto Droid phone, I dont know a whole lot about the tablets.

1. How do I find out what version of firmware I have? I know it is Android 2.1.
  2. How do I know if I have which version of the tablet?
  3. If I want to root, where can I find Safe instructions?
That will get me started.

For the system info you click on settings>about device, this will tell you the basic information. Rooting instructions can be found in the flytouch 2 firmware forum in the 3245 firmware thread. And you don't have to use the burntool described there, you can use dropbox to put the root file on your tablet. Hope this helps.

Sent from my rooted Flytouch 2 Generation 2 using Android Tablet Forum App

Last edited:

KRWKnitwear

Feb 4, 2011
Do I need to worry about the Registration code? The seller will not give me the code. He is saying that I will never need it