kyros mid8120, wont turn on.......

dupree

Jan 11, 2012
My boy got a kyros mid 8120 for Christmas, he has literally had it turned on like a dozen times, after the second time it quit turning on, and would require you to push the reset in until it would come on (5 seconds). The last time it was turned on this way it wouldn't turn off. It eventually powered down of course. Now it will not turn on, even hitting the reset. I am so ready to break this thing in half. Any advice or do I just try to send this piece of junk back and look for a more reliable brand......

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Unfortunately, the ratio of defective Coby devices is very high. I had to exchange the first MID1024 I bought due to many lock ups. If you haven't done anything that would void warranty (i.e. messing with system files, rooting, etc) then you should ask for a replacement. If it works then it's a good device for its price.

dupree

Jan 11, 2012
ok, so the company i bought it from is going to exchange it or refund my money. I think im going to go for the refund and buy another one from the same store. So tell me what brand is going to be more reliable in an entry level machine for 0-150 dollars. I am wanting to have a webcam and droid marketplace, the real one lol...... I think the marketplace is more important.