Le Pan II Camera

vivian4him

May 24, 2012
Hello, I just received the Le Pan II Tablet as a gift. For the most part, it's OK. But I don't know what's up with the camera and I've spent way too much time on-line trying to get answers. First of all, it's backwards! Meaning that when I turn it on, it shows me, not the object in front of me. :confused: Is there a way to reverse this? Also, when I took a picture, it was a mirror image (?!). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The Le Pan II only has a front facing camera, there isn't one on the rear (so you only see what is in front of the screen). This allows video chatting which is the best use of a camera on a tablet. I never understood wanting to take pictures with a tablet anyway. Are you sure that the camera is taking mirror image pictures? That sounds strange and I haven't heard anything about that issue.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Vivian, it seems my friend JP has already answered your question regarding the camera on your Le Pan II so I'll just say welcome to the forum. It's nice to have you here as a new member of Android tablets. If you have any other questions regarding your tablet, just click this link to the Le Pan Tablets forum and I'm sure the folks there will be able to help you out. Enjoy the forum and that new tablet!

yankeeharp

Jan 9, 2013
Hi,

I have the same problem and was looking through the forum for a solution and found this thread, so I thought I'd just append my question here.

I have generic 7" android tablet -- I think it is something like Shenzhai -- rebranded as a Cambridge Sciences Vector G7. It works fine, but the front facing camera shows a mirror image to me, which is good, but then sends it on the same way. (See http://tinyurl.com/bhacbmx ), which is bad.

Is there any way to make it be the right way around, or to get it to upload the mirror image of itself?

Thanks,
Charlotte

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Charlotte, congratulations on your new Vector G7 and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. I'm not familiar with your tablet and don't know of any way to get that image flipped around. Hopefully someone will reply here who can help you out. Good luck and enjoy the forum.

yankeeharp

Jan 9, 2013
Thanks. I am beginning to come to terms with the fact that this is a fault that will not be rectified. The video looks good until you see the video that you send to people, and how many people do that? I've send a message to the seller through Amazon.

cali

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sep 25, 2011
Welcome to the site. Hope both of you can find a solution to your tablet problems.