Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus vs Asus ZenPad 3s

marmasak

Aug 16, 2017
orry for not using the “what should I buy” thread, I think that my question is a little more sapecific.

I have narrowed my list to the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus and the Asus ZenPad 3s.

Price is almost the same on Amazon, spec for both is impressive with several obvious pros and cons for both (weight and more RAM for the Asus. Battery life, kickstand and 2K res for Lenovo).
I understand that Lenovo did fix some major issues (video sync, energy leaks) while Asus seems to be overall less reliable and prone to weirdness (screen blacks out, wifi instable etc) though I couldn't find any real major faults in the forums...

It seems to me that the Lenovo slightly wins but I am a little worried about the lack of exFat support (no movies over 4GB, for a video centered tab?) and the fact that Lenovo seem to never intend to support Android upgrade to Nougat or beyond.

Asus, I understand, will support Nougat upgrade, I do not know about if they support exFat . My current Asus tablet (TF103C) did not really leave me with great desire for another Asus, the overall quality seems….meh.

Can anyone provide any insights that are beyond the dry spec comparisons? Overall quality, stability, known bugs? Am I too worried about Android Upgrade or is it a major consideration? Am I totally missing an awesome third option (at same price and spec)?

Thank you for your help.

Dan