MID1126 Arabic Language

mishtag

Jun 4, 2012
I have 2 problems:

1. I added Arabic language to the keyboard in the setting, then I choose Arabic in the keyboard itself, but the letters are still in English and the writing is also in English.

2. When I surf the internet I can't read Arabic sites, the characters are unreadable.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

You will probably need to change the keyboard, or possibly get a new virtual keyboard that supports arabic. If it shows in the list, it should support it.

I moved this to the Coby Generation 2 forum to get more 1126 users to discuss it here.

JonsZX2SR

Jan 30, 2012
Are you running Android 2.3.3 or 4.0.3 ?? (Yes, there is an Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 update downloadable from Copy in Germany.)

The reason I ask is a I have a couple faux leather folders with multilanguage USB keyboards. Under Gingerbread 2.3.3 keyboard functions didn't work properly, lock buttons and backspace didn't work, and the tablet would often call up strange non-English characters.

The same keyboards were fully functional with my Acer A500 under HC 3.2.1 and the same was true when I upgraded that tablet to ICS 4.0.3. At the time I wasn't sure if the problem was with the MID1126 tablet or Gingerbread 2.2.3.

Having upgraded the MID1126 to ICS 4.0.3 I can report the USB keyboards are fully functional. I can't recommend nor discourage you from upgrading to ICS 4.0.3. You will have to do that at your own risk, but it might fix your keyboard problem. There is another thread (linked below) in this section discussing the upgrade of the MID1126 to ICS 4.0.3 and associated challenges.

-> http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...25-1126-8127-update-ics-android-4-0-true.html

Last edited:

mishtag

Jun 4, 2012
First thank to you Fred and Jons, second, the keyboard problem I have is the virtual one that is installed in the tablet and I tried to download and install other keyboard but it didn't work, I think the tablet is lacking Arabic language packet; I read about upgrading to ICS 4.0.3 but first I am not sure if it is going to be working well, besides, I read that there will be negative sides with that upgrade like playing video and connecting the tablet to the TV using the HDMI cable, so I will wait for other solutions and keep the upgrade solution in my mind.

The solution I am looking for is either downloading another browser that might work with Arabic sites and another virtual keyboard might have Arabic keyboard or manually copying Arabic packet in one of the tablet folders.

The funny and sad thing that I contacting Coby TS and the guy tried to play with the same table but at the end he gave up, so he didn't know from the beginning that it will not work.