Most likely bricked

nights62

Dec 19, 2011
I have a Sylvania tablet that someone let me play with to see if I could fix. They had dropped it and it was stuck and the screen that just read android and nothing else. I took it apart to see if any connections inside had come loose when it was dropped and could not find anything. I also examined the board for anything obvious. I put it back together and tried see if I could do a restore on it.

First I got the no recover image error, so I needed a recovery image from somewhere else. No computer I plugged it into would detect the thing, I tried Win 7, XP, Linux, and Mac. So I decided to try and make a recovery SD card using the InfoTM software. The only problem was I didn't know which version of the tablet I had so I didn't know which recovery image to use. I tried a few but would get an error stating that the image was not meant for this device. Eventually I found one that would flash and it went through the process and then told me to remove the card and reboot the tablet. I tried but now it does not even turn on at all. I mean seriously no power at all not one thing on the screen. The battery isn't dead I tried charging it, but absolutely nothing shows on the screen ever no matter what combination of buttons I try.

I am just posting this to see if anyone has gotten their Sylvania tablet in this state before and if so were they able to recover, or is it finally bricked entirely? I just find it surprising that there is nothing on the screen at all it just doesn't seem to power on. No evidence that the back-light is even coming on.

Thanks guys for any comments. Sorry if this type of lockup has been mentioned all the ones I saw were lockups where the device was stuck on a particular screen, I couldn't find one where the device didn't respond at all to being powered on.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Sounds like a paperweight.
Agree 100%, the result of burning the incorrect U0 "u-boot-nand.bin" image contained in an InfoTMIC Update Wrap (.ius) is no response to anything (key presses, power on) meaning irreparable damage (bricked). Sell for parts (screen, battery, cords).

nights62

Dec 19, 2011
OK thanks guys, I figured as much but just wanted to check. I knew I was playing russian roulette with the recovery images since I had no clue which model I had, it may not have worked anyway considering this all started with the tablet being dropped onto a hard surface.

Halfabrain

Dec 20, 2011
Same thing happened to me...not going to let it get the best of me though. If and when I get this going, I'll put the information on the site. I've seen information on how other tablets can be saved that run Android.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
Same thing happened to me...not going to let it get the best of me though. If and when I get this going, I'll put the information on the site. I've seen information on how other tablets can be saved that run Android.
I previously posted quite a bit of information requested by another user hoping to resurrect their tablet but nothing came of the effort. All of the key chips and some of the programming were identified however, none of the other InfoTMIC power tablets have had any success is finding a solution. Once one is found there is some market as many users rush into burning update without understanding that the firmware is hardware (board) specific thus bricking their tablet. In you need any of the resources they are buried here in the forum. Good luck.

Last edited: