MPMAN 1027/Coby MID 1024 bricked

lorenzooo

Feb 20, 2012
Hi all,

I recently bought MPMAN 1027 wich is the same as a Coby MID1024.
I installed Android market.
To deal with apps compatibility issues I edited file /system/Build.prop and replaced it with one from an Iconia Tab device.
Big mistake now my tablet doesn't boot any more and is stuck on MPMAN logo.
Reinstall ROM from external SD card seems not to be possible : can't manage to load the installation process. Power button seems inactive, I use the reset little hole to reboot device.
The tablet is not recognised by adb.
I managed to install CWM in recovery partition using fastboot but each time I try to install a ROM is says "installation aborted"
FWDN mode is available.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thx in advance.

Loorenzooo

Last edited:

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
i think there is no CWM for 1024, what do u mean by " power button seems inactive"? have u tried holding the home button+ power button?

lorenzooo

Feb 20, 2012
I mean I can't power off the tablet holding Power Button, I have to use reset hole, launch fastboot mode, enter fastboot boot revovery-v5.img to boot CWM on the device and select Power Off from CWM.

From CWM when I try to install stock or custom rom (with select zip from sdcard menu) I get : "Installtion started" and then "Installation aborted".
Could it be a (no)root issue or a CWM incompatibility ?

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
as i said there is no cwm for 1024, how long did u push the power button cause sometimes when it hangs i just push the power button for about 20 seconds until it shutdown.

lorenzooo

Feb 20, 2012
I think I held power button for more than 20 seconds but I will try again with an eye on time.
I understand that CWM is not suitable for my case due to my device incompatibility.
What solutions do I have ? Root cause seems to be a bad system/Build.prop file.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
your only chance is a cfw. if u get ur power button working. try to install one.