Music Player- Shuffle Option?

vectorczar

Nov 30, 2011
Is there a shuffle option on the stock music player on the Note 10.1? I've looked, but can't seem to find what I thought would be a basic function. If shuffle capability does exist, please list detailed instructions to enable it.

I've had my Note 10.1 for a week now and am absolutely blown away by it. I am a former owner of a Moto Xoom and a Blackberry Playbook before that. The Note has them beat.

Thanks for any help on this.

Best,

czar

"Attention all aircraft- the name of this game is 'Simon Says', and I'm Simon."

vectorczar

Nov 30, 2011
And just to verify, I am referencing the Music Player that has the Blue & White Play button icon w/the green music note (shortcut displayed by default when I got the Note), not the Apps>Play Music app (Orange Headphones icon).

I like the layout of the Blue & White music player, hence my post.

Thanks,

czar

Me: "November 12345, say intentions after this approach."
Student Instrument Pilot (in broken English): "I wish to become an airline pilot." SMH

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I don't listen to a lot of music on my Note 10.1 and when I do I use the Google music app. when I took a look at the Samsung app there was no immediately obvious way to shuffle but it is also a bit confusing because there seem to be 3 different formats. First of course when you open the app from its icon, and when you open it in the mini apps, and if you go full screen from the mini app or tap the icon in the status bar while playing a song it brings up a third screen. on this screen, that seems to show the song playing and the album cover, to the left of the time progress bar showing where the song is is an icon, just tap this and it seems to shuffle. Sorry if this is a complicated explanation but this is the first time I've looked at the app.
Give that a try and see if that is what is actually taking place,

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Here is a quick Screenshot of sorts, sorry about the odd format, I was playing with the laso(?) tool in S Note and didn't bother looking at the results beforeI posted it.

$ForumRunner_20121117_211912.png

Last edited:

vectorczar

Nov 30, 2011
Tom- thank you so very much. That was exactly what I was looking for!

Best,

Czar

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
My pleasure, and you did me a favor as well, the Samsung app is far more appealing visually and I was having some trouble with push notifications interupting the Google Play Music app. I think I will mostly be using the Samsung app from now on.

LFDTruckie

Nov 29, 2012
This has been driving me crazy!!

I just figured out that you can double tap on the album cover when playing a playlist and the screen showed above comes up where you now have the shuffle option.