My acer iconia A500 frozen showing the acer logo during restart

Discussion in 'Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum' started by deadsoul799, Aug 29, 2012.

1. deadsoul799

deadsoul799 Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500
    I'm on the verge of crying now.

I upgraded my acer tablet 2-3 months back to ICS and it worked smoothly until recently when I was using an app. All of a sudden, that app became non-responsive. I tried to restart my tab and there it was- frozen with the acer logo.

The tablet is completely frozen showing the acer logo. I have been searching for solutions in all other blogs and forums including this one.

I have tried the reset button with a clip but no luck..!!

I also have cleared the cache and everything by holding the power and volume. I have also tired to go for fastboot by holding power and volume up but it remains frozen as well showing- "starting bootloader from USB".

I also copied the ICS update.img to SD card and mounting it. The tab tried to mount it but eventually the tab shows an android dummy with a red exclamation mark on its back. It means that there is a problem inside the system.

Can anyone help me with this..?? What should I do now? I just want it working no matter what.

I would be really grateful.