My first rooted coby 7015 tablet (still no android market ) now what to do?

cadiman

Dec 30, 2011
I have been repairing bunches of coby tablets and giving them to my kid sitter and my kids to play with. I have a few to work with in case I turn one into a paper weight.

I have rooted one coby so far (it was a mid 7015) Not 7015A. The 7015A would lock up in clockworkmod.

I used the method posted by jrsharp21. It was the only one I could get to work.

I have the android market but no apps are available.

What else can I do with these when they are rooted?

I have no problems with repair but my problem is I don`t have a clue about the machine software.

Thanks,

cadiman

Jan 1, 2012
I'm still unrooted and a bit confused what to do to get it rooted. Could you possibly help? I get that the actually root is pretty easy with simply putting SimpleOneClick APK on the tablet and then installing it, but I don't understand the drivers part, or if it's even necessary. I'm on a mac if it has any effect. I appreciate the help, thanks.

cadiman

Dec 30, 2011
It was really confusing to me at first and really not worth the headache.

I rooted one (7015) and finally have the android market on it.

You are better off spending a few more bucks and getting a faster processor (better, faster internet).

You will also get the good touch screen (capacitive not resistive).

You will get the android market and actually be able to do something with it.

I know you can do alot with the device being rooted.

Too bad I don`t have a degree in the machine language to go with the Z4 root.

It would be alot like trying to explain to you how to replace head gaskets on a northstar engine, (or even why)

but the problem is you don`t have a shop or any tools or a lift or any of the know how to even attempt the process.

That is what you are up against here!

cadiman

Dec 30, 2011
I did get all three of my 7015 cobys rooted. Two were 7015 and one was a 7015A (updated).

I had to use the thread here for the 7015 (un updated) and I used the one on youtube for the 7015A

All work great and the ADW launcher worked great on them. It is alot like my 7016 now.

The video needs updated for angry birds (some objects are white in the video) 7015.

The 7016 plays angry birds good (downloaded the apk file)

These are really great tablets for my kids.

I will keep the toshiba thrive for myself.