Need help deciding on wether or not to buy a Sony tablet

GameHog9

Sep 21, 2011
Hi! This is my first time posting :D

I was originally going for an Acer Iconia a500, which fluctuates between $360-380 on Amazon. I love the fact that you can add your own storage and its full sized 2.0 USB port.

And then along came Sony . . .

I am big PlayStation user, and I know that this is the first PlayStation Suite enabled tablet. I have a few question for S owners:

1. Does PlayStation Store purchases transfer over to PlayStation Suite? Buying everything again is not desirable.
  2. The S Tablet includes an SD card slot. Can this be used to add internal storage?
  3. Would it be better to go for the $200 cheaper Iconia a500? Is PlayStation Suite worth the jump?
Ive demoed both units at Best Buy. The weight and feel of the Iconia does not bother me, I like the grey metallic finish, so aesthetic appearance wont win me over.

What do you all recommend? Thanks.

einsnico

Sep 18, 2011
I bought the iconia tablet a couple of months ago and after a week using it I took it back for the reasons you mentioned the feel and weight but also because the cord for the charger is damn too short.

About the Sony S tablet I understand you can only play PS one and PSP games and im not 100% sure but most likely you have to pay for the games even if you already have them. Also you can't access the PS store from this tablet (some one correct me if im wrong).

So you'll be fine with an iconia tablet

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

GameHog9

Sep 21, 2011
Thank you for the quick reply. I forgot about the Iconia chord problem :p

From what I understand, the PS Store isnt even on the tablet yet? I remember them mentioning a late 2011 release.

MillerTime

Sep 20, 2011
True the store is not available on the tablet yet, but should be by late this year. My huge debate was between the Asus transformer and the Sony and I went with the Sony I use it for college I just download my books to it. To answer your questions I'm not sure about the playstaion store purchases, the sd card slot is for transfer only ( it will not play media files off of it) this is what sony says, I have not tried it yet. The $200 difference is your call I love my Sony, I work at Best Buy and have been looking at these things since release and the Sony is the only one I can't get to bog down, I have played with it opening every app I could trying to get it to goof up and it wouldn't. So that is why I went with the Sony.