Need Help with SD Card

Reaper69

Dec 29, 2013
Hi All! I'm not a very technical minded person so please bear with me.

I bought my kids a starter tablet each for Christmas (both being an A13 Allwinner). I should be able to expand memory up to 32GB but have bought 8GB micro SDHC cards so they have more space for apps etc. On inserting the card, it shows that it recognises that it's an 8GB card but when you go into app manager it says there is only 1.6GB free. How do I use the full 8 GB? Also when I moved app to SD card and tried to use it, it said that app was not installed. Tried to move back to tablet says not installed. Uninstalled apps and shortcuts stay on homepage. How can i move apps onto SD card and have them still work?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm really struggling.:mad:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
SD cards are intended to provide space for media files, not apps. Apps normally have to be in tablet storage in order to run. There's an app that's supposed to move apps from the tablet to the SD (Amazon.com: App2SD - Save internal storage: Appstore for Android), but I didn't have any success with it. With regard to 1.6GB available on a 8GB card, what is shown on the card when you open it? If it appears to be empty, you may have re-labeled counterfeit cards that are actually 2GB cards.

Reaper69

Dec 29, 2013
Thanks for your reply Spider. The SD card shows as 8GB on my pc and also in another part of the tablet, which is why I can't understand why it'll only let me use 1.6 GB for apps?? As for it maybe being fake - I bought a Sandisk one from Sainsburys.