Need some practical advice from experienced users

Lawrence Johnson

Dec 18, 2014
This is a non-technical question. I've had my LG GPad 10.1 for a month or so and I am extremely pleased with it. I have been a long-time Windows user on desktop and laptop and this was my first encounter with Android and a tablet.

Here's the thing. When I bring up the browser (Chrome), sometime the links on the Web page are so closely packed together and even zooming in I keep missing the one I want to select. Is there a trick to this? Should I be using a different browser? Do I need to get a mouse or stylus to acccurately select links on a Web page?

In the same way, Chrome has the active session tabs listed at the top of the Web page. I have difficult closing an unneeded session. Typically, my attempt to close a session results in a new tab being opened. It can't be that hard to select and and close a tab. I don't think my fingers are any larger than anyone else's. Why is this so hard for me?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Lawrence, congratulations on your new LG GPad and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets.

It may be a learning thing, I had the same problem for quite a while and suddenly it wasn't a problem any more. You might try using a stylus to improve your aim when trying to tap on the things like the little x to close a tab. Enjoy your tablet and the forum!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum Lawrence

I think from your description a good sharp pointed stylus may indeed help. I seem to have fat fingers and have the same problem, though less with some other browsers. I frequently use Firefox, (it uses less battery too) and it has the ability to request desktop rather than phone display which helps some

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Welcome aboard, Lawrence.
You can also try adjusting the text scaling, in the settings menu, to alleviate the links issue.
Like Spider said earlier, I too had issues with closing pages. Did find that I had to tap the x a bit off center to keep from opening additional pages.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Trevis, welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.