Need suggestion for a good App to slideshow pictures like photo-frames?

kesri

Aug 4, 2012
I have Samsung Tab 7" P3100 and I am looking for an App to continuously slideshow from

1) Pictures (Jpg files) from my micro SD-card folder

and

2) from my Flickr a/c Photo Sets

Thanks in advance

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Not certain about Flickr but install QuickPic, I think you'll really like it. It will do the slide shows and index pics on the external SD cards

kesri

Aug 4, 2012
leeshor thanks. I downloaded QuickPic and it works fine! I didnt see any way to slideshow from Flickr using QuickPic - doesnt matter.

btw: when I used Google Chrome browser to see my Flickr Sets and hit "Slideshow" button on Flickr Site (to view in the browser, on the Tab); I got a message:

"To view this slideshow JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest Adobe Flash Player"

I downloaded the adobe flash player ... but how do i enable JavaScript and activate the slideshow?

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm not using Chrome any more so I uninstalled it but in settings advanced I'm pretty certain you will find an option box to enable JavaScript.

kesri

Aug 4, 2012
@leeshor: Thanks again. I tried going to settings in my G-Chrome browser on Tab ... but that crashes the browser everytime!

However I tried with the Samsung internet browser that came with the Tab and that is showing flickr slideshow on it directly. So problem solved. Wonder if I should uninstall the adobe flash-player or keep it?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
@leeshor: Thanks again. I tried going to settings in my G-Chrome browser on Tab ... but that crashes the browser everytime!

However I tried with the Samsung internet browser that came with the Tab and that is showing flickr slideshow on it directly. So problem solved. Wonder if I should uninstall the adobe flash-player or keep it?

There's nothing wrong with keeping Flash, I would. Glad it worked for you.