Netflix Stopped Working

Kctony

Oct 9, 2012
hope someone can help. i have a coby 8042 running stock ics.I had installed netflix via Amazon app store. I recieved an update notification and subsequently updated the app. Since then netflix will not open nkr run anymore on my device. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the app several times as well as factory reset the device and still no netflix. thanks in advance.

reddragon72

Jun 6, 2012
yep seeing this as well. I tried pulling several copies from all over the place for older versions and no go because as soon as I run it the app tells me there is an update and forces me to the google play store to download it then I'm back to it closing again.

I think they have blocked rooted phones...... one possible reason.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I just saw this. My roommate's 9742 has Netflix, and her tablet is rooted, just like mine. Therefore rooting cannot be why Netflix suddenly isn't downloading. More than likely, the reason Netflix no longer loads is that its permissions have changed, and one of those permissions requires an XML file in \system\etc\permissions that is not present on the tablet.

To fix it, you have to root if not already rooted, and install my Play Store Compatibility Fix.

Kctony

Oct 9, 2012
Thanks for the advice. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm a bit sheepish about rooting my device and while I don't have a ton of money invested in it, I don't want to risk breaking it. I'll head over to xda tragidy and let you know how it turns out.