New Android User

Macstorm

Oct 13, 2012
Hi All

Just thought I'd pop in and say hello, I've just bought my first android device with two objectives in mind.

1. Watch movies and browse the internet.

2. Find out what Android is all about before I buy my next smartphone.

The first thing I've noted is that the battery life isn't great so I've turned off most of the unessential location services etc etc but I assume the battery needs a few cycles before its fully charged?

This is a Chinese version so being English is there anything I need to be aware of or that will enhance the device further?

Thanks in advance to any advice people can offer I'm a completely new to Android so I'll spend some time looking around the forum.

All the best

Scott

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Scott, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Onda tablet. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. To get started, I'd suggest you click this link to the Android Tablet Q&A section. Read the "Sticky:" threads at the beginning for some good general information about tablets and Android. It probably will require a few cycles before you have a good idea what your battery life is like. The screen brightness is a very important factor in that, so you want to keep it as low as you comfortably can. Also, whenever the tablet is "sleeping", turn the wireless off. An "airplane" app would allow you to do that from your home screen rather than having to go to your settings. Enjoy your new tablet and the forum!

Macstorm

Oct 13, 2012
Thanks Spider I'm just having a look at the FAQ's now.

I've changed the settings to tune the battery performance so hopefully that will help, I'm just trying to figure how to set up a VPN at the moment which I'm finding a little difficult but I'm sure I'll find the answer somewhere. I'm actually enjoying playing with it, I've been an Apple fanboy for donkeys so this is quite refreshing in a sad way.

Thanks for the tips