New Owner of Used Lenovo Ideatab

out2lunch

Apr 21, 2013
Hello,

Glad I found this place... I just purchased a used Lenovo Ideatab and am wondering what I need to do to set it up. I used to have an old Droid so I've used Android before and have a google account, but this is new and I'm not sure what I need to do to set this up. Should I reset to factory defaults? Is there something i need to do to make this tablet "mine"?

I've tried getting into google email but the 2 step verification is kicking my a$$. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello out2lunch, congratulations on your new to you Ideatab A2109 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 forum for you, where more people with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Enjoy your tablet and the forum!

dieseltown

Jan 28, 2013
Hello,

Glad I found this place... I just purchased a used Lenovo Ideatab and am wondering what I need to do to set it up. I used to have an old Droid so I've used Android before and have a google account, but this is new and I'm not sure what I need to do to set this up. Should I reset to factory defaults? Is there something i need to do to make this tablet "mine"?

I've tried getting into google email but the 2 step verification is kicking my a$$. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

You can do a factory reset, if not done already. It certainly wont hurt, and get rid of anything on there that was added by the previous owner. Once a factory reset is done, it should walk you through the initial setup where it will ask you for your account information. Other than that, its pretty easy and straight forward. :)

out2lunch

Apr 21, 2013
I did the factory reset, but it didn't run me through any set-up. I'm still getting an error that says 'Can’t establish a reliable data connection to the server. It may be a temporary "something" or your account is not set-up for data provisioning.

I guess I'll continue to search what the heck is going on.

I was able to get to the android market, tried to download an app but it said to select which device and is showed an old droid phone I had, no Lenovo tablet. Must mean I have to do something on Google I guess.

flashallthetime

Dec 28, 2012
First thing is clear all data from the play store, next go to settings and under accounts see if any sync issues show. You need to log into your gmail account. You may also need to do a hard reset which means you need to access recovery. You should also have a setup menu on initial full boot. Another option would be download the stock ROM and flash it, just sounds like a problem with the existing ROM thats installed

Sent from my A2109A using Tapatalk HD

out2lunch

Apr 21, 2013
Thanks. I'll follow your advice on the play store. If that doesn't work I'll try creating a new account. Maybe that'll work.