New Tablet Owner with a Navigation Question

tmf2004

Apr 28, 2012
Hey newbie here with my first Tablet. Dropad 7'' A8T w/Android 2.3... Been looking into setting up the tablet for GPS.. I understand that i need a GPS receiver which i found and the Bluettoth provider app... My question is the Market seems limited for navigation apps. I found a app called NavFree, and was told to look into Locus Free,Sygic, or Ndrive.. Youtube was pretty helpful as someone had been doing the same thing.

Which ones can u guys recommend. BTW i can't locate iGO in the market.. Don't think i have it.

Is there a place on the internet where i can download Apps from?

Thanks in advance..

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
I purchased Sygic.

The software is pretty good for $20 and the maps are provided by Tom-tom I have heard.

Personally, I experienced very frustrating start up and then transfer of my subscription to a replacement tablet. Their support staff is quite cryptic as are their administrative instructions.

But, since my Vizio has a GPS and my Garmin is now 7 years old, I am now using the software in my motorhome travels. I have downloaded only the state maps that I need for a trip rather than storing all the maps on my Tablet.