New to site and Android OS

VicB

Dec 7, 2011
Have Win7 and XP laptops and now Acer iconia A500 Android tablet running ver 3.2.1. Guess I would be possibly one of the elder members at 66! But intend wearing out and not rusting out by pushing the grey matter with new technology. Did not start with any computer until very late - past 50ish. Currently live in a small Qld Fishing village between Hervey Bay and Bundaberg. Bought the tablet for my wife so she can keep in touch with our younger relatives as they love to play games etc and she has really got into it.
My task is find out about the operating system and how it all works so am looking forward to getting into this site. Have had a read of the Newbie section and starting to get a handle on Android - but a very long road ahead still.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Vic, first off no way you are the older people here, we have many members of the "greatest generation" here. Welcome to the forum, we are very glad you joined us. Be sure to check out the Acer sub-forums, there is a wealth of info there, and remember that every different device presents a different flavor so your answers can be different for each device.

Cheers,
Peter

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
Vic, first off no way you are the older people here, we have many members of the "greatest generation" here. Welcome to the forum, we are very glad you joined us. Be sure to check out the Acer sub-forums, there is a wealth of info there, and remember that every different device presents a different flavor so your answers can be different for each device.

Cheers,
Peter

Re: the "greatest generation". I have a deep respect and love for those who sacrificed so much to ensure our freedom. I'm a big baby over WWII stuff. I cry every time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Re: the "greatest generation". I have a deep respect and love for those who sacrificed so much to ensure our freedom. I'm a big baby over WWII stuff. I cry every time.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Yes, I lost it this morning watching the Today show, they reported that on this the 70th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor (which is today), it will be the last time the Pearl Harbor Survivors meet and the organization will be disbanded as there are now so few surviving members of the group.

Thank you to all that served then, and to those that continue to serve today. Freedom is Not Free

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Vic, welcome to Android Tablets and congratulations on your new A500. Nice of you to join us by becoming a member of the forum. As you've probably found out, there's a lot of information in the Discussion and Q&A sections and by reading the "Sticky"s and looking through the existing threads you can learn a lot. Once you've completed your "basic training", you'll want to head over to the Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum area and zero in on your own particular tablet. Just click that link and you'll be magically transported there.:cool: Take that long road one step at a time and you'll be fine.