Newbie to Android Tablets and looking for your expert feedback and suggestions!

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction & Forum Website Assistance' started by gilgomez, Dec 30, 2011.

1. gilgomez

gilgomez Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Tablet
    Hey there! I just registered on Android Tablets today and will share a bit about me:

I'm a healthcare designer, a proud US Navy mom and love technology and gadgets. I also enjoy reading all sorts of fiction, playing puzzle games, anything to do with art, architecture and design. Cooking and gardening are favorite pastimes and I simply adore dogs. Currently we have two dogs (a Rat Terrier and a sexy little Mutt) and we make our home is beautiful Palm Beach Gardens, Fl.

I have the following mobile toys:
    Samsung Galaxy S 4g (T-Mobile)
    Dell XPS L1701
    Acer Netbook
    B&N Nook 1st Edition
    B&N Nook Tablet - Newest toy.............

I am interested in hearing your recommendations for a good quality Android 7" or 8.9" tablet that is reliable, has a beautiful display, has expansion slot, possibly a camera for video chats, good sound, etc. Prefer a 7" size to keep the unit as lightweight as possible since it will be used for reading most of the time. 3G is not needed since my phone serves as a wifi access point but I do require a solid wifi performer.

Price point should be no more than $350..........

Thanks very much!:eek:

2. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Hello, welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here as a member. I see from your other posts you've already posted your "shopping list" for a new tablet in exactly the right place. Hopefully, folks will come along and recommend some tablets that meet your specifications. Good luck.

3. pbrauer

pbrauer Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC Thunderbolt, ViewSonic GTab, Huawei S7, Gentouch 78
    get a refurb small galaxy. you will be very pleased.

Peter