Nextbook 7 Premium

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by ZomieEyes, Oct 18, 2013.

1. ZomieEyes

ZomieEyes Member

Hey everyone I have a couple basic questions about my new tablet,I'm very new to tablets and just got this the other day,I I'll list my concerns and appreciate any help thanks in advance.

1.is it normal for my tablet to get really hot when im using it,it gets hot just from being on,not warm hot in this on spot,and it stays hot
    2. I dont quite understand the storage folder, it says it has 8gb ,but it has all these different memory ops,flash,internal,nand whats the differences

Im hoping someone with this tablet could help me out
    If the overheating is not normal i wanna return it before my times up

2. tpaine

tpaine Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby 7042, Coby 8065, Lenovo A2109
    Not an owner but its normal for my tablet to get warm at times, under heavy use, but not hot. Use your own judgement but lithium ion batteries can cause fires in extreme cases.

Storage is divided as you observed. nands are designated for certain partitons like system, data, cache, boot, recovery. Every tablet model is unique so only testing can determine your tablet breakdown.

3. ZomieEyes

ZomieEyes Member

thanks for the reply,just so i get things straight,i have 8gb of memory total in mine,so from that its split into different storage categories,and thats what makes up my 8gb? also what do you consider heavy use,my tablet is pretty low end but has a dual core if that counts for anything,but would playing a game like minecraft or online games count for heavy use? my s4 phone plays them fine without over heating

4. jerri9096

jerri9096 Junior Member

I do not have the answer to that question but I do want to say that I purchased two next books for my daughter and my son and both of them get extremely hot when they use them and just sitting and the tablets being on they get hot as well I would like to know why that's happening and if it's something I need to worry about

Storage is divided as you observed. nands are designated for certain partitons like system, data, cache, boot, recovery. Every tablet model is unique so only testing can determine your tablet breakdown.[/QUOTE]
    I

5. jerri9096

jerri9096 Junior Member

[ am the owner of to nextbook tablet and they both overheat and get hot even justQUOTE="ZomieEyes, post: 297248, member: 184459"]Hey everyone I have a couple basic questions about my new tablet,I'm very new to tablets and just got this the other day,I I'll list my concerns and appreciate any help thanks in advance.

1.is it normal for my tablet to get really hot when im using it,it gets hot just from being on,not warm hot in this on spot,and it stays hot
    2. I dont quite understand the storage folder, it says it has 8gb ,but it has all these different memory ops,flash,internal,nand whats the differences

Im hoping someone with this tablet could help me out
    If the overheating is not normal i wanna return it before my times up[/QUOTE]
    I