Nexus 7 retails for $199

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
Google is doing it right with the Nexus 7! It's going to sale for $199 with a $25 credit to the google play store. That's one heck of a tablet for less then $200.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
Why oh why did they leave out a memory expansion slot???

The hardware you get for the $ is otherwise incredible.... :(

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Really 16 gigs, probably 12 available, unless you want to store your music or movie collection on the tablet, should be plenty. With generous free cloud storage (I really do hate that name, like we haven't been using accounts on remote servers for storage for twenty plus years and its some new wonderful creation) and fast internet access you can have more content available than you could ever really store on almost any tablet.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
And btw I think the lack of external memory expansion is an attempt by Google to more closely tie you to their services, even though there is no reason you can't (hopefully at least) use services like box.net or dropbox.
A bit of an edit, I'm sure price plays a roll here as well.

Last edited:

Om1n

Jul 1, 2012
In the Uk if you order from "PC WOrld" etc its only £189.99 for the 16gb with free delivery
use the discount code : ABER5

but still no news about the case !!!!!! a bit silly not to have the "official" case for sale at the same time .

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
For the price I had to go with 16GB.
I'm setting up to use my home server for external storage.
Between local Wifi and the hotspot in my phone I'm pretty much covered for remote access, and to be honest I don't watch much stuff when I'm not home anyway.