Nexus 7 won't charge

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by macthecat, Dec 17, 2013.

1. macthecat

macthecat Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sansung Galaxy Note 10.1, huawei blaze
    Hi all

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere I've looked but couldn't find anything, my sons 1st gen Nexus 7 (about a year old) has suddenly stopped charging. He let it run flat, plugged it in overnight and the next morning nothing. As far as I can tell the battery is in OK shape lasts about 3-5 hours (of gaming/video use) between charges. I've tried the usual reset techniques holding down all the buttons for 15-20 secs to get to the bios to no avail, checked the battery connections and positioning, the holding down the buttons immediately after plugging in the charger trick, tried different chargers, I did briefly get an empty battery symbol when plugged into my laptop with a USB cable but that's about all I could manage.
    It seems to have been a common problem about a year ago (bad batch!?). I have tried all the remedies depicted on the forum thread I found on this subject but the Nexus remains completely unresponsive, it has been plugged in two complete nights but refuses to charge or boot. I am awaiting a new battery but I'm sure that this is the root of problems, given that the original was holding a charge and lasting reasonably well.

Any Thoughts?

Many thanks
    macthecat

2. edap

edap Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A110
    Could be the charger itself, or maybe the cable.

• Like Like x 2
  3. macthecat

macthecat Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Sansung Galaxy Note 10.1, huawei blaze
    Thanks for your reply, I've tried different charger units and the USB cable plugged into My laptop, the cable itself is only a few weeks old and had been working fine until this incident. The forum I checked seemed to be concentrating on loose battery connections (tested) and doing a hard reset to bring the tablet out of deep sleep however the method described, hold all three buttons down after a restart had no effect in this instance. I'm at a bit of a loss!

Macthecat

4. Musing

Musing Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Tranformer Prime tf201
    Suggestions here:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014