No Skype

byamyduj

May 20, 2011
I purchased a Google Android Tablet MID 80003 that should have skype. It does not and when I try to download it says it is not associated with a phone number. NOW WHAT?

Wanders11

Jan 22, 2011
When I first bought my (Gome Flytouch 2) Android pad, it had Android 2.1 on it and when I downloaded the Skype app from the Marketplace, sometimes the chat worked but sometimes I got a similar message. Then I did an update to the most recent 2.1 build. Then I downloaded Skype from the Marketplace and POOF it worked. I only use Wifi or ethernet...I have the 3G turned off (maybe try that?) However, it now works. I know Skype has some "understandings" with cell manufacturers, so maybe it is looking for that first. Wish you luck.

bill

sammy007

May 6, 2011
I have a similar problem, Skype insists on using a G3 connection. Trawling around for solutions I came across this post advising that there are 5 alternatives to Skype. They are:- Ekiga, Google Chat/Google Talk/Google Voice, Jitsi and Linphone. I don't know what forum this info came from but I am unable to test it, my wife is using the tablet for Soduku. My own Flytouch 3 is due any day now. Sam.