no wi-fi

suemay

Mar 7, 2013
HELP - Hi my MID M7 2.3 gingerbread - kernel version 2.6.35.7 mid series will not connect to internet everything else works but when i connect to internet it turns itself off after 5-10 seconds so will not connect. i have setback to factory settings but this has made no difference. i wondered if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this problem. i have no knowledge about tablets am just learning so any help is welcome. many thanks sue

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm pretty sure that your problem is the router. I have a link in my signature that will take you to a thread discusses all the things that you should be doing or could be doing to solve the problem. Report back with the results.

suemay

Mar 7, 2013
hi
thanks but i have already checked the router and it is set correctly and working fine with my husbands tablet and phones etc. just my tablet will not work now so i think it is the tablet that has a problem not the router?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
hi
thanks but i have already checked the router and it is set correctly and working fine with my husbands tablet and phones etc. just my tablet will not work now so i think it is the tablet that has a problem not the router?

Because one works does not mean the other will due to differences in chip sets and the apps you have installed that may interfere. My suggestion is to find a free public hotspot or a friend's WiFi to test it before kicking the tablet out the door. ;)

suemay

Mar 7, 2013
wi fi will not stay on to connect to any wifi or hotspt. it will not pick up anything just turns off.;)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
wi fi will not stay on to connect to any wifi or hotspt. it will not pick up anything just turns off.;)

I assume you have tried a restart of your tablet? You may indeed have a hardware problem.