Non-Covered Tablet: Suggestions for Better Grip, Edge Smoothing

elbillo

Aug 27, 2012
okay, I use a transformer prime tf700t , I find the edges a little sharp, and the back is too slick to hold on my palm while tapping the screen. if you have any suggestions to resolve these issues that would be awesome. I tried using some hockey tape (players wrap the stick handle & blade w/ it), applying strips along the back, but the adhesive is too weak, it (the tape) "rolls" up, and it's (again the tape) not tacky enough to prevent the tablet from sliding. I might use it along the edges though. I'm thinking a rubberized adhesive-backed "skin" would be ideal but am unclear how to find anything like this. suggestions/solutions ?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I believe e there is a product called Armor Suit or something similar that would probably fit your needs. It adheres to the tablet kind of like a screen protector, and I think probably includes one as well though I find little use for them with Gorilla Glass, and offers a protective textured layer to your tablet.

Sent from my Tablet like device running Android

elbillo

Aug 27, 2012
right, thank you. I searched at amazon for "tablet armor" and found something, but mostly what I'm looking for is just a non-slip coating for the back so I can hold the tablet on my palm. (and no I don't have huge hands) actually when cleaning the blender this morning I was thinking about the replacement gasket I need for that, got me to thinking about rubber matting, auto parts stores sell cork sheeting for making gaskets but I need rubber or something tacky. hmm maybe strips they sell for the shower floor ? if I find something for the back I won't have to grip the sides & that part shouldn't be as much of a problem.

elbillo

Aug 27, 2012
I've been meaning to get back here. I picked up the non slip after trying it in store. I am pleased I finally got this taken care of. here are pictures. the tablet feels a lot better now, with no slippage/discomfort during use. I think for someone concerned about heat dissipation they could cut the outer 1/2" of the strip(s), applying small stripes along the area they would be "palming" the tablet. this stuff is really sticky, I have had no issues of edge rolling up. in the 2nd photo, please look outside the reflection to see the cloth tape along the edges. oh, lastly, I think this "fix" dissipates way more heat than using the tablet with a case/cover so I'm really not worried. $IMG_20120913_074544.jpg$IMG_20120913_074629.jpg

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Interesting, and I am guessing you don't use the keyboard dock, although you could easily leave the tape off the bottom edge. Sometimes, as the saying goes, if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. Glad you found a solution.

Sent from my Gibson using Tapatalk for Heavy Metal

getoile

Jun 13, 2014
I was unhappy with the slippery feel of my Galaxy Tab 10, so I attached 4 felt-backed adhesive strips to the back. These are about 4 inches by 3/4 inch in size, spaced as you wish for best grip. They are not a perfect solution, but they give me a better sense of security in handling.