Nook Color Bricked ?

Badman727

Sep 9, 2011
Hey guys, I've had CM7 running on my Nook Color for some time now and it worked great, but I decided to restore it back to the Barnes & Noble system. I followed the steps to do so and the boot screen kept getting stuck in the same place. So I tried to reinstall CM7 again and now when I try to format /data in Clockwork Recovery it's saying that there is an error...

If anyone knows what is causing this please let me know. Thanks In Advance.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hey guys, I've had CM7 running on my Nook Color for some time now and it worked great, but I decided to restore it back to the Barnes & Noble system. I followed the steps to do so and the boot screen kept getting stuck in the same place. So I tried to reinstall CM7 again and now when I try to format /data in Clockwork Recovery it's saying that there is an error...

If anyone knows what is causing this please let me know. Thanks In Advance.

It is nearly impossible to brick a Nook Color. You don't specify if you are using Clockwork Mod Recovery (CWR) from internal or a bootable SD or what version, but here is what I would do.

Create a bootable CWR SD card using the latest CWR (the thread is for creating the card, it doesn't have the newest CWR links) (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...msd-v3-0-1-0-higher-ext3-ext4-compatible.html)

Then put the 1.2 image without the Clockwrok Mod on there (xda-developers - View Single Post - [UPDATE ZIP] Stock 1.2 update.zip flashable from CWM) and follow the standard flashing procedure to be restored back to stock 1.2.