Nook Color Bricked ?

Discussion in 'Nook Color Technical' started by Badman727, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Badman727

Badman727 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color
    Hey guys, I've had CM7 running on my Nook Color for some time now and it worked great, but I decided to restore it back to the Barnes & Noble system. I followed the steps to do so and the boot screen kept getting stuck in the same place. So I tried to reinstall CM7 again and now when I try to format /data in Clockwork Recovery it's saying that there is an error...

If anyone knows what is causing this please let me know. Thanks In Advance.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  2. patruns

patruns Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color
    What version of CWR are you using? You should be using 3.2.1.0....

3. J515OP

J515OP Super Moderator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Nook Color, Nook Tablet 16GB, Vizio VTab, Nexus 7
    It is nearly impossible to brick a Nook Color. You don't specify if you are using Clockwork Mod Recovery (CWR) from internal or a bootable SD or what version, but here is what I would do.

Create a bootable CWR SD card using the latest CWR (the thread is for creating the card, it doesn't have the newest CWR links) (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...msd-v3-0-1-0-higher-ext3-ext4-compatible.html)

Then put the 1.2 image without the Clockwrok Mod on there (xda-developers - View Single Post - [UPDATE ZIP] Stock 1.2 update.zip flashable from CWM) and follow the standard flashing procedure to be restored back to stock 1.2.