Nook Color with Honeycomb 3.0 and not gTab?

voyageurs60

Dec 27, 2010
Flipping through the boards for the gTab - came across a post for the Nook Color with Honeycomb 3.0 - reading not sure if it is "real honeycomb" or more like 2.2 or 2.3 with honeycomb elements... any thoughts based on the facts?

If this is for real - then WTF - NVIDIA and Viewsonic are telling us your on your own in this wide world...

So help me with the truth vs fiction...

Thanks

gadgetrants

Staff member
Sep 22, 2010
Yeah, I posted a related message yesterday. It's the real deal, or almost: Honeycomb AOSP (Android Open Source Project)...kind of a generic version of the OS. It is very cool, and a lot of it works on the Nook. My guess is the problem with the gTab is that without the right kernel, there's no way to get Honeycomb to interface correctly with the hardware. And it sounds like that's pretty much up to Viewsonic. Of course, the minimal hardware is already there.

-Matt

elf310

Jan 10, 2011
the nook color honeycomb is based off the sdk, aosp has not been released for honeycomb

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I wish Google had the bugs fixed so the aosp could be released. I just have a bad feeling will never see honeycomb on this tablet because of Viewsonic...BUT, both nvidia and viewsonic have recently posted that they will continue to release the source code as it becomes available. They just better not cut us off when we will need them the most!