Not able to get CWM on my 7022

ajelin

Jan 19, 2012
Looked and couldn't find answer.

I got a 7022 new and when I went into Recovery to make a backup there wasn't a backup/recovery that I saw so .I downloaded CWM update.zip but it failed, as did trying to root it with SuperOneClick.

I must have done something but even the stock recovery was lost.. I tried everything including downloading numerous stock images and then SDK and trying to install it that way. No luck, kept getting "wait for device". Finally, after downloadig and installing god knows how many USB drivers I finally gave up and tried rooting again and this time it worked.

All along while I did this I kept doing Pwer+Back and it would just cycle through Coby logo until I let it go and it would start up normally. I tried installing the CWM zip as mentioned before and thought now that it was rooted it might work, it didn't.

Anyone have any ideas?

edited 4/5

Tried that but since I don't have CWM installed and they don't yet have a version for 7022 it failed, I don't have a way to use a backup of an original.
What I need is a stock ROM, even if it has CWM since Rom Manager will let me install a rom. I have looked and can't find one that isn't a backup file.

Last edited:

ajelin

Jan 19, 2012
There's a software called "Rom Manager" in the market. It's free. It has many features u need. Try it. You can install zip from the software itself.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.rommanager&hl=en

Tried that but since I don't have CWM installed and they don't yet have a version for 7022 it failed, I don't have a way to use a backup of an original.
What I need is a stock ROM, even if it has CWM since Rom Manager will let me install a rom. I have looked and can't find one that isn't a backup file.

17magno17

May 12, 2012
hi i have the same issue, the fisrt time i do the step of download the cwm and rename, put in the root of the sd card. bla bla and go to the system update, when i select the sd card the tablet was booting and installing the recovery until that point every thing was fine, but when i try to enter in the recovery (power button+ back button) and it would just cycle through Coby logo until I let it go and it would start up normally, i rooted my coby kyros using the SU 2.3.3, i try to do the same thing of the rom manager but happend the same issue appears a message indicating that hey don't yet have a version for 7022, somone know what we can do to fix that issue aditional when i try to enter in fastboot nothnig happend just appears "wait for device"

Sikander

Dec 11, 2011
Here is your 7022 Stock OS backup.
(Credit to original uploader)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40525714/Stock Kyros 7022 OS Backup.rar

Though it'll not restore stock recovery. If you want, I'll upload it for you.

CWM is working fine on 7022, You just got it wrong. Please check
CyanogenMod for Telechips | androtab.info

By the way, it's Back button + Power button, not otherwise. There's alot of difference.
Hold back button and press power button, Once the logo shows release the power button while holding back button till recovery menu shows.

17magno17

May 12, 2012
well i know how use the combination of keys but thanks for the info, let me explain when i hold press the back button, the coby logo apears and i release the power button but wont enter in the recovery aditional, how i can restore my kyros 7022 to the stock os backup that you put in the before comment???? another question how i can use the FNWD, im little new on tablets,

Sikander

Dec 11, 2011
Try to restore recovery image first via adb shell using this command
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
only then you can restore stock rom.
google or search xda forum on how to install and use android sdk. i.e. adb shell.

I think the mistake you made was installing CWM via system update. CWM Update.zip is supposed to install via recovery mode.