Not sure how to use phone apps on tablet

zee

Apr 12, 2011
Hello so I got a new 7 inch android tablet. Here wat I already have:
  • I connected to my wifi
  • I created a gmail account
  • I have a google number
  • I add text and phone dialer app
but when I try to make a phone call it say network not in service? It appears I need GoggleVoice to use the phone but I am so confussed??? I don't know how to get the phone working on my tablet but everything else is working ok. Some step by step info would sure help:)

-Thanks to anyone who can help!

Melancholic

Apr 12, 2011
You cant make phone calls over wifi unless using a method of voip, you'll need to be connected to a mobile data network with calling capabilities. If your new tablet does not have mobile network capabilities, look up some voip apps like Skype

ratamills

May 29, 2011
if anyone knows how to use the google voice app on a tableg please explain in detail because the app won't load on mine and it doesn't work from the web page, I can't figue out to make it work. I do it on my Mac, from the gv web page with google chat open.

Last edited:

inoktav

May 2, 2011
Well as I have a tablet with phone capability here I think you got a problem just I had when I was having this phone for the first time. Now I knoe that the dialer only works for a WCDAM/EVDO modul to dial from the SIM-card, not from a GTalk or GoogleVoice. For those apps you need to dial inside the apps itself as making a VoIP call as Mr. melancholic said before.

ratamills

May 29, 2011
my Mac doesn't have a sim card just wifi and it can make calls with the use of no other device. My tablet does not have a sim card, not cabable of having one. But why can't it use gv like the Mac to make calls. I have Skype(voip) but I have to pay to get a number. I don't want to pay for a data plan and number. There are 6 in my family, me & my spouse plus 4 kids in college. The phone cost is killing me. Any suggestions would be appricated.