Notion Ink’s Adam, other tablets delayed due to Nvidia Tegra 2 issues? Nope, rumor co

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009

Please excuse my blasphemy, as it’s the week of the iPad, but sonofabitch. While many of you are probably getting your dusty CareBear sleeping bag out to wait outside of the important Apple store on the 3rd, many people are taking a pass on the iPad in favor of something more functional (and geeky). Looks like those people, including myself, will have to wait even longer. Due to “serious issues” with the Nvidia Tegra chipset, Notion Ink’s Adam, as well as a couple other tablets will be delayed.

New target date for the Tegra 2 tablets? Not before August 2010. The Adam (decent spec run down of the Adam can be found here), Vega, and Ultra tablets will have to wait a while to get to market. While all of the tablets are very nice, I’m pretty bummed out about the Adam, as it looks like one of the most powerful tablets that will be around this year.

Continue to the full article here: NVIDIA Tegra2 chip problems delay Notion Ink Adam Tablet

NBStwo

Apr 3, 2010
Wish all you idiots that keep posting this now several day old story would stop...... see below

[Update]
We went directly to the source and checked with NVIDIA regarding this rumor about Tegra2 problems delaying Android-based tablet launches. NVIDIA says the rumors are completely false and that Tegra2 is already shipping to manufacturers and on track for scheduled launches. According to NVIDIA:

The rumors aren’t true. Everything’s on track. We’re shipping products to customers, and they’ll release them when complete. Expect product announcements in the next few months.

Please excuse my blasphemy, as it’s the week of the iPad, but sonofabitch. While many of you are probably getting your dusty CareBear sleeping bag out to wait outside of the important Apple store on the 3rd, many people are taking a pass on the iPad in favor of something more functional (and geeky). Looks like those people, including myself, will have to wait even longer. Due to “serious issues” with the Nvidia Tegra chipset, Notion Ink’s Adam, as well as a couple other tablets will be delayed.

New target date for the Tegra 2 tablets? Not before August 2010. The Adam (decent spec run down of the Adam can be found here), Vega, and Ultra tablets will have to wait a while to get to market. While all of the tablets are very nice, I’m pretty bummed out about the Adam, as it looks like one of the most powerful tablets that will be around this year.

Continue to the full article here: NVIDIA Tegra2 chip problems delay Notion Ink Adam Tablet

JeffCameron

Apr 4, 2010
I tried to buy the $155. Enso zenPad (Android, 4.8" screen, wi-fi) today, since there were announcements that it is shipping. enso-now.com is the location to purchase one, and they say the only way to pay is through PayPal. However, when I tried to purchase with PayPal, the PayPal message back was that it would not transfer funds... that the PayPal system regards sending Enso money, as too risky...

slider

May 4, 2010

This looks like the best tablet around mainlu because of the Pixel Qi screen combined with Tegra 2 Processor...any new information about the release date?I kind of lost my confidence in this indian company that they can release this thing in time......

JeanPaul

Aug 20, 2010
According to official statement from Notion Ink, the Adam tablet is now pending approval from the fcc; as soon as it is approved we should see it on the shelves... fingers crossed.

Jake from Tablet Reviews.