Number Of Issues

jamessaleam

Oct 16, 2011
I recently bought the ASUS Transformer TF101 and have experienced several difficulties. Firstly, the Office applications are awful and lack functionality. Secondly, I cannot view PDF files on webpages. The section on the screen where the document should be just stays blank, even though I downloaded Adobe. Thirdly, whenever I am watching a video online, the video restarts if I tilt the tablet, as the screen adjusts. Any ideas as to how these issues can be resolved? Or should I replace this tablet with one with Windows as the operating system? I've been told that Windiws tablets do not have these problems. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
jamessaleam.

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
To start, the office applications that currently exist for the tablets don't actually claim full, feature for feature, compatibility. They allow you to do the basics, but too much beyond that and you're better off with the desktop office programs.

The stock android browser, from what I can tell, doesn't use extensions (flash is a special case). As such, your better off downloading the PDF document and using the adobe reader on its own. You might also try downloading other browsers (Firefox, opera mini, or dolphin for example) as they may offer functionality the stock browser does not.

The video restart issue has to do with a combinationof the app your using to stream in your video and standard android behavior. That is to say that, for android, when the screens orientation changes, it default behavior is to kill and restart the activity on screen. App developers can override that behavior, but giving your issue, it sounds like whomever developed the video player you're using (I'm assuming the stock video player) did not take screen flipping into account. Downloading another video player maywork better for you.

Of course, you're more than welcome to get a windowz tablet. If you're looking for productivity though, stick with a laptop.

jamessaleam

Oct 16, 2011
Thanks for your response. Yeah, a paltop may be the best option for now. Unfortunately, the PDF documents on the webpages cannot be downloaded because the download option appears within a tab which does not appear. Some of the Windows tablets seem to be alright, but I have only just started researching them. Thanks again for your assistance!

Thanks,
jamessaleam.