Odin Fails... Boot Loop... Is It Dead?

dmini

Dec 17, 2018
I have a Tab 2 GT-P5110 - stuck in a boot loop. Very occasionally I can get it up for maybe just long enough to check the odd setting, but not let me do anything meaningful, then it reboots.
I have cleared flash using the boot options. I have noticed that when going there it often comes up with an error about the cache.
Downloaded Odin 3.13, downloaded firmware P5110XXDNH2_P5110OXADNH2_HOME.tar.md5 (which I believe is the latest UK version for the model), used the "standard" Odin settings - and the bar in the Program gets about 40% across the block at the top, then fails.

Are there any other options I can try, have I missed something obvious, or is it to all intents and purposes dead?
I have attached screenshots of the fail screen and the options

Attachments

• fail screen.JPG
    fail screen.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 460
  • options.JPG
    options.JPG
    21.1 KB · Views: 439

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I'm not seeing anything out of whack in your settings. But before declaring this thing dead, try plugging the ROM into the BL slot and flashing it.

dmini

Dec 17, 2018
question, but do you mean to plug the same file into the BL tab? SHould I just do the one entry, or both that and the AP?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You're using the same file. Simply place it in the BL slot instead of the AP slot.

dmini

Dec 17, 2018
Still failed - see attached image :-(

Attachments

• fail screen 2.JPG
    fail screen 2.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 453

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You've done all you can here; it certainly appears that the flash storage is stuck in a read-only state. That's a fancy way of saying the tablet's dead. I would contact Samsung and explain the situation, though I would leave out mention of using Odin, and see what they suggest.