Ok, I'm officially getting impatient now.....

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Just saw THIS ARTICLE about Google Chrome for ICS.

It has some awesomely sweet features, and is going to blow all other browsers away in terms of wow factor and features.

Hurry Up Acer, I want my IceCreamSandwidch treat.

The stock browser is pretty good, but it is a small subset of the full Google Chrome.

Last edited by a moderator:

drozas

May 1, 2011
I have it for ga nexus and it does not support flash. It also does not support desktop mode. The only good thing is it synchs my bookmarks quite easily.

Sent from my A500

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Desktop mode on a phone makes no sense at all. You can't read anything.
The Stock browser supports it, but I never use it. Its just imposes another step you have to perform to get to the readable part of the page. (zooming). I always run in tablet mode.

I also always put Plugins setting to On Demand. Sick of flash ads in my face on every page.

So, not bothered by either one of those issues.

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
looks neat. although i mostly use FF on my computer i think i can import the stuff into chrome. let me try downloading it on my phone...

geckoT2C

Jan 24, 2012
mucho retardo! just figured its only out for android 4.0 :( damn htc and their unwillingness to automatically upgrade to newer OS. i'm still stuck on 2.3 with desire S

diiorio

Dec 21, 2011
Be nice if their out sourced tech support line was more up to date like reps at shows and showings. Offcial reps layed out more info. A200 would recieve ICS Aroudn the THird week of February (they were right it started this past weekend). Followed by A500/501's, the A100's after the A200 roll outs hit a certain level.

grahambell

Jan 8, 2012
To all Acer Iconia Tab A500 and A100 users, please expect an Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade in mid-April! Thank you for your patience. -- AcerAmerica (@AcerAmerica)
Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
To all Acer Iconia Tab A500 and A100 users, please expect an Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade in mid-April! Thank you for your patience. -- AcerAmerica (@AcerAmerica)

Are you speaking officially? Seems a bit curious for just your 3rd post. Just wondering.

grahambell

Jan 8, 2012
Are you speaking officially? Seems a bit curious for just your 3rd post. Just wondering.

I follow Acer on twitter and that's what they put up today just thought some people might be interested