Onda v812 Experience

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
Please post here your experiences with the Onda v812 tablet.

Shortcomings you think should be improved in the future.

Advantages it has over similar tablets.

In short your personal experience with the tablet.

Basjke

Jan 25, 2013
It's only $192.30 shipped on aliexpress

I can get it here in Thailand at 210$, no hassle if there is a problem. Getting from China may attract import duties and of course when problem need to ship it back.

The only thing I'm reeally concerned about is the battery life, since Onda is a bit infamous for it's weak battery.The v812 has a 4500 mAh battery, confirmed by Onda

I read several test reports the other day, which said the quadcore is clocked at 1 Ghz only, the specs quote 1.5 Ghz, and overclocking anything higher than 1.2 will make it crash.

Cpu performance would also be not better than the A9 dual core, and even slower than the rockchip, but with the released firmware updates so far there should be an improvement.

Thing is that you never know for sure who writes those reviews, is it someone related to Onda, to the competition or an independent forum reader.

Last edited:

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I can get it here in Thailand at 210$, no hassle if there is a problem. Getting from China may attract import duties and of course when problem need to ship it back.

The only thing I'm reeally concerned about is the battery life, since Onda is a bit infamous for it's weak battery.The v812 has a 4500 mAh battery, confirmed by Onda

I read several test reports the other day, which said the quadcore is clocked at 1 Ghz only, the specs quote 1.5 Ghz, and overclocking anything higher than 1.2 will make it crash.

Cpu performance would also be not better than the A9 dual core, and even slower than the rockchip, but with the released firmware updates so far there should be an improvement.

Thing is that you never know for sure who writes those reviews, is it someone related to Onda, to the competition or an independent forum reader.

I had seen the benchmark tests and it runs at 1008Mhz but in thread below it has been overclocked to 1488Mhz, but it sounds risky.

[Benchmarks] - Onda V812 - SlateDroid.com