Oooops!

sonyaellen

Aug 16, 2010
Hi there,
I posted this originally on the end of someone elses similar post but my product spec's are different can anyone help
As a newby to the tablet world -I bought an Eken M001, just got it this evening - charged it, used it for about an hour, looked at downloading a game and then I got the error message 'Sorry! The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.' It then gives me an option to [Force Close]. The thing is I can't do ANYTHING it keeps giving me the error message I hit [Force close] then the message just disappears for a second and reappears again. I have tried resetting it on the back. I can't access a menu, my version didn't come with a sd card (I've got one on order) just a usb.
I'm really annoyed and not very technical. I think I'm going to have to return it and I waited ages to get one. Anything I can try? anything at all?
So upset :'( Any help MUCH appreciated

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
the market on eken m001 is none functional you can always side load apps which is very simple or you can flash a new firmware that has a working market. if you would like to know how to sideload apps you can look in the forum for the " how to sideload apps if your market wont work" thread

mxulyaoth

Aug 16, 2010
I have the same problem and i haven't found the solution how can i restore the Firmware? but mine is an eken m003 and it doesn't even detect the MicroSd

sonyaellen

Aug 16, 2010
I tried to reinstall the firmware via the SD card but it's not rebooting correctly now. When I switch it on it goes past the android character animation as far as the word 'android' then freezes like that. I'm fearing complete hardware failure here

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
did you follow the directions and then take out the sdcard when it told you too, and leave it out when you turned it back on?

Charlie

Oct 3, 2010
I have a serious "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly" on my Eken M001 and I am afraid that I need to "flash a new firmware" in order to get the tablet working again. Can anyone tell me specifically which (1) firmware works and where to download it and (2) how to install the new firmware. By the way, my M001 recognizes and loads my SD card but that is a far as I can get without the annoying "android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly."