OUYA Android Gaming Console Still On Track for March 2013; OS Switched to Jelly Bean

Discussion in 'Android Tablet News' started by dgstorm, Nov 1, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

[​IMG]

For folks who were interested in how things were going for the OUYA Android gaming console, you will happy to learn that the device is still on track and scheduled for a March 2013 launch. The console is now in EVT (Engineering Verification Testing) phase, while December will see the first software developer kits (ODK) reaching early pledgers. Additionally, the company confirmed that they will be going with Jelly Bean instead of Ice Cream Sandwich, which makes the device even more enticing! Here's a quote with a few more details,

Sound of in this thread if you are a developer who is interested in the OUYA.

Source: AndroidAuthority

2. MA83

MA83 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Fascinate, ASUS TF101-B1, Ainol Novo 7 Aurora
    Hmm... I don't like the idea of forcing developers to make the games free. I think this will hinder the console's game development.

3. reddragon72

reddragon72 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Coby MID-7042
    Going with a "free" game setup is going to kill this platform before it ever gets a chance. There are not many folks out there that like the "pay to play more" games. I think demo's should be mandatory or at least highly recommended, but free with in game purchases... nope not this gamer.

• Like Like x 2